Thursday, 15 November 2012

Tea & Biscuits

Soooo, another day with two posts - what a lucky set of readers you are!

As you can probably guess, this is to enter a few challenges.  This card will be entered into:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday (http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/sassy-and-sweet.html)
The Pink Elephant (http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/) - where the theme is punches and dies
Papertake Weekly (http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/flower-power.html) - where the theme is flower power
Lili's Little Fairies (http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/) - where the theme is Food Glorious Food

This is my card:

I made this for my niece to give to her sister for her birthday in two weeks.  It is made using a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece, which I saw and couldn't resist as it looks just like my nieces, except for the fact that they are being nice to each other, which is a very rare occurrence with my nieces.  Anyway, I cut it into a circle and attached it to a die-cut scalloped circle which matched one of the backing papers.

I followed the sketch on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  The papers are a mix from various packs - the brown textured paper is from my stash, the glittery flower paper is from a Springtime paper pack, the other flowery paper is from a freebie pack that came with Cardmaking & Papercraft back in summer and the other two are from a Boofle paper pack.  I wrapped the whole thing with some blue ricrac before attaching the image

This is the sketch I used

To finish, I coloured a 'sister' peel off blue and attached it to a piece of plain white card, which I then attached to the bottom right of the card.  I then put together a flower from various die-cut flowers and finished it with a blue gem.

Et voila!

One card.  I hope my little rat bag likes it.  More cards will be to follow at the weekend.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


8 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah two posts in one day, you have been busy this card is yummy. This LOTV stamp is so beautiful I love everything about it especially when you have sisters yourself. Love your colours and pretty design papers and sweet embellishments. I know that both of your nieces will adore this card. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet! Love the great image and you perfect papers. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, how absolutely gorgeous!!! Your color is superb!! Thanks for joining us again at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you created a second card with this sketch. At first, I thought it was a hard sketch to use. But, now I love it. Beautiful job!! I love this sweet image. You colored it so beautifully. Thanks for creating a second card.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. (snort!) I loved your description of your nieces! Mine are EXACTLY that same way! Wonderful card.
    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Holly :-) such a cute image and the layout and papers are fab, I am sure your niece will love this :)

    thanks for joining us on Lili's Little Fairies and PTW Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet! thanks for playing at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card Holly - the image is precious and your coloring brings these sisters to life!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget