Thursday, 6 December 2012

Another First Christmas

Soooo, today I bring you another card made using my new favourite stamp - Baby's First Christmas from Lili Of The Valley (the previous card can be found here - http://fairyelephants.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/babys-1st-christmas.html ).

I wouldn't normally post two similar cards but I am so proud of my colouring on this one that I had to share it with you.

I am also going to be entering this into this week's Incy Wincy Designs Challenge and Fab n Funky Challenge blog where on both the theme is non-Christmas colours, along with the Eclectic Ellapu challenge, where the theme is jolly and bright, and the Dream Valley challenge blog, where the theme is simply Christmas/



I stamped the image with London Fog Memento ink and coloured using distress inks - victorian velvet and brushed corduroy.

I have been practising my distress ink colouring, in particular shading, and I hope the practice is now showing. I am particularly proud of my colouring on the reindeer.

Anyway, enough of singing my own praises . . .

To make the card I cut the image into a scalloped circle using my Spellbinders Nestabilities dies and then covered a lilac blank with some vintage-looking pink paper which came in a free paper pack with Cardmaking & Papercraft back in the summer.

I used one of my new LOTV decorative corners to stamp the bottom right-hand corner using victorian velvet distress ink.

I then spent ages thinking what else I could do to add interest as it seemed too plain. Searching through my stamp drawer (yes, I have a full drawer dedicated to stamps) I rediscovered the stamps I had bought to make my wedding invitations (see how they turned out here - http://fairyelephants.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/wedding-invitations.html). Using the biggest stamp in the set and victorian velvet distress ink I stamped a background behind where I was going to put through image. You can just see it peeking out from behind the image.

I printed the sentiment in pink and started putting the card together. I attached a ribbon along the top and attached the sentiment after inkling the edges. I then made a tiny bow from some pink ribbon and attached it to the top right-hand corner of the sentiment.

I didn't have any challenges to enter this card in to, so it has taken me a couple of weeks to post it on here, but I think it was worth the wait.

Happy Crafting!


Holly

xx


5 comments:

  1. Aww! That's so cute! And your colouring is fab!

    Thanks for joining the challenge at Eclectic Ellapu!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Holly, I love that sweet image and your gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenge this week

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly - this is a really sweet card. I love your image, which you've coloured beautifully. Love the stamping detail in the background too. Thanks for sharing your card at Incy Wincy Designs last week in our "Non-Traditional Christmas Colours" challenge. Sorry I'm late in commenting ... I got ambushed by life last week :o) !
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card the image is simply fun. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Eclectic. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    eclecticellapu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely christmas creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget