Followers

Sunday, 16 December 2012

Niece Evie Fabulous

SSW sketch

Sooooo, tonight, I want to share with you one of the cards I have made today.  I have in fact made two cards - one for each of my nieces (after being a nasty auntie and selling their original cards at a recent craft fair).

This first one is for the youngest, Evie, and I will be entering it into the following challenges:

Lilis Little Fairies - something new
Just Us Girls - colour theme of pink, green and white
ABC Christmas Challenge - your favourite die or punch
Totally Gorjuss - for someone special

For this card, I stuck with the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday above and stuck with the colour theme from the Just Us Girls challenge, which fit in quite well with the Lili of the Valley image I had chosen.

As is normal for me though, I played with the sketch a little, as I wanted to use by new die -Framelits Ovals - which are also fast becoming my new favourite.  So, instead of using a circle image, as the sketch instructs, I used an oval and the pretty frame.

I also used some pink glittery card from my stash and some craft-coloured papers from my Lili of the Valley Krafty Christmas paper pad.  I also used , although you can't really see it, some lace from my stash.


To finish, I printed the sentiment, edged with a pink glittery pen and attached in place, before adding Stickles glitter glue to the fur areas of the image.

I hope you like it - I'm not sure whether Evie did.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful little darling! Love her pink coat and the sparkly fur! Makes her looks so feminine. Thanks so much for playing along at SSW!
    Merry Christmas!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card, wonderful coloring. Evie is going to love this. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your card is gorgeous Holly. I love the brown and pink color scheme. I love the adorable image. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this card is fabulocity!!!! Simply gorgeous and very, very girly. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image you have used for your Christmas card... lovely colours and a beautiful die.
    Thank you for sharing at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
    Good luck in the draw.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Holly your card is just so pretty. I love our colour combo together and this very cute image. This is a pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card Holly!! I love the image and the papers are perfect!! Love the pink and brown - one of my favorite combinations!! Love to see your cards here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card!! Great take on the Y challenge (Your favorite Dies/punch). Thank you so much for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge! We hope you will play along again - and good luck with the prize drawings.
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    ABC Christmas Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this sweet image Holly. How dear it is and your coloring is terrific. I love the brown and pink colors here too. Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a precious image and fabulously coloured and framed. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the frame and how you used our colors! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Merry Christmas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share It