Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Jim Jams

Soooo, I would quickly like to share with you some pyjamas I made for my nieces before I went off on my holidays.  For some reason we have a strange tradition that instead of me buying them Easter eggs, they get pyjamas instead.  This year, up pipes the eldest, Georgia, 'you could make our pyjamas this year Auntie Holly!'  Oh, I could, could I?


Anyway, I decided to bite the bullet and attempt to make some.  

I had some gorgeous vintage Thai silk, but not enough to make a dress, so I thought I would put it to good use for the girls' PJs.  I had the great idea of making them some Chinese-style pyjamas, so off I took myself to buy a pattern - I ended up with a Simplicity one and it did what it said on the tin - it was actually quite simple to use.

Anyway, I thought I would start on the easier bit and make the bottoms first.  



After doing this though, I discovered that I didn't have enough fabric to make the tops, so I decided to make me-style PJs, i.e. PJ bottoms and a t-shirt or vest top.  So, off I took myself to get some plain white T-shirts for the girls.  

I had some iron on transfer sheets, which can be used with my ink-jet printer.  So, I printed 'Evie Fabulous' and 'Georgia Fabulous' as they call me Auntie Holly Fabulous, and they are my nieces Fabulous.  I printed it in blue to match their bottoms.



Anyway, other than the bottoms being a bit long, the girls absolutely loved their PJs.  I took them to a family gathering at my Pops' where we were all having tea, and they both immediately changed into theirs.  

There was a bit of left over fabric, which I used to make a shower cap for my sister, but I will blog about that later.



Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget