Sunday, 7 April 2013

Lipstick Kisses

Soooo, look at the pretty new skirt I have made myself this weekend:



I even lined it!  And it was the first time I sewed an invisible zip.

I loved this fabric when it I first saw it, but it was a little bit more expensive than the usual fabric I buy, but I think it was well worth it.

I used a pattern from last month's Burda (not bought this month's yet).

I am a bit chunkier than the largest size this pattern was printed in (I'm working in that - addicted to Just Dance 4, my 'Easter Egg' from Philip) so I also had to slightly adapt the pattern to make it work.  Very proud of myself that I managed this first time.  This was very lucky as I couldn't afford to waste any material.  

The only slight problem I encountered was that this skirt was clearly designed for someone about six inches taller than me , so I had to cut a fair chunk off the bottom to make it fit.

Anyway, I'm very proud of myself on this one - many firsts (lining, invisible zip and altering a pattern), and I will be making this skirt again in other fabrics.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget