Friday, 19 April 2013

Review: Simply Homemade - Issue 29

Soooo, I promise, this is the last review of this week - I am finally caught up!

I think this issue of Simply Homemade hits the shops today.  This month's issue comes with a free paper pack with coordinating fabrics, which look really pretty.  I can't see them being much use for anything other than patchwork,  but I did have the idea that I will do some sewing with my eldest niece and we could make some clothes for her Barbies.  The pieces should be about the right size for that.  I do like the little coin purse they have made with some of the fabric in the magazine though, so that is also an idea for them.


Other ideas to make with the freebies are cards and buttons.
I like the items in For The Record, which include a notebook and bowls, and I think it is a really ingenious idea, but, as my friend, Debby, pointed out, she couldn't bear to cut up or misshape a record - she feels the same way about records as I do about books.
Other projects this issue include:
  • baby bunting
  • stitched Tilda doll with matching patchwork quilt
  • felted bag
  • crocheted headband
  • folk art-inspired home wares, including a lamp and storage boxes
  • strawberry shortcakes (using shop-bought biscuits, but I think it is perfectly easy to make your own)
  • wall art
  • Tilda teaspoon ladies
  • crocheted bag
  • monochrome projects, included a felt bag, pencil case, t-shirt and cushion

Giveaways this issue include:
  • Oak House Studio goody bags
  • Sew Easy flash drives
  • Bead CafĂ© sets
  • Book set
  • Button bag kits
  • Gutermann sets
  • Birdcage carry cases
  • Berisfords set
  • book, Crochet One Skein Wonders
  • 3D dinosaur cookie cutter sets
  • Vilene and Pony sets
  • Stampin' Up! Dapper Dad set
  • Art & Craft Academy DVD sets

I must admit, I am not feeling very inspired by this issue, but I'm looking forward to text month's issue, which comes with a free recipe book kit and is out on 16th May.
Happy Crafting!
Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget