Friday, 12 April 2013

Why Yes . . . I Am A Goddess . . .

Sooooo, as it is Friday night and I am at home all alone (hubby is working), I thought I would work on some cards, but first I thought I would do a bit of blogging . . .

First up, I would like to share with you the card I made for my little sis, Gilly, for her birthday, although she is not so little now - she's 25!!!  Scary bananas!  Makes me feel really old, so probably makes our other sister feel even older mwahahahahaha. 

Now, I know a few of you who read my blog know Gilly, so will agree that this card is perfect for her - she is a Goddess and don't let any of you forget it . . . 



I love that this card is so perfect for Gilly and that it evoked spring when we have had to pretty rubbish weather recently, so brought a little brightness to my craft room for a while.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:


I used a The Paper Shelter image, as I am very much falling in love with these images.  I had already decided on the Goddess theme, so just needed to find an image to match, and I though this one did the job perfectly.  

She has been coloured in using distress and memento inks, with promarkers for the skin, and made to look as much like my sister as possible.  I then used by new ink duster brushes from Inkylicious to add a halo of blue.

I then die cut the image into a circle and die cut a scalloped circle to go behind.

The papers are all from a paper pack from my stash.  I think they might have come with the new issue of Papercrafter, but don't quote me on that.


To finish, I printed the Goddess sentiment and edged it with blue.  I also found a 'Birthday Wishes' to stick on and coloured a peel off 'Sister' pink.  Finally, I added a butterfly and some flowers from my stash.

Anyway, Gilly seemed to like it and everyone, naturally, agreed with the sentiment.  I don't think they dare disagree - my sister is trained to use a gun!

I might have some more for you later, but first I have to work on my Sweet Sketch Wednesday DT cards.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the sweetest card! Love the images and sentiment too! Thanks for joining us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous, love the pretty paper!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    have a great weekend, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I love your choice of colours and embellishments. Good to have you with us at THE PAPER SHELTER this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty - gorgeous PS image thanks for playing at the paper shelter this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.

    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at By Lori Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget