Monday, 25 November 2013

Created With Love - Sympathy or Miss You

Soooo, it's Monday, which means that it is time for another challenge over at Created With Love, and this week our theme is Miss You or Sympathy.  As I have always struggled with sympathy cards, I decided to go with the 'miss you' element.

This week we are sponsored by Broken Box Stock, and here is my DT card:




I made my card by colouring my image with promarkers and then layering this onto some purple card.


I used two papers from a freebie paper pack I got ages ago with Cardmaking & Papercraft.  I used the lighter paper as my DP and then die cut the flourish and the butterflies from the darker paper.  The flourish is a sizzix die, which the end of which I tucked behind the image and the butterflies are Cheery Lynn I think.  The butterflies came as a set of three and I decided to use them all, as I haven't used them much since I bought them, but they are pretty.  Once die-cut, I curled the butterflies around a pencil to add some shape and attached them to the card by gluing only the centre of the butterfly and allowing the wings to 'flap'.


To finish, I added some self-adhesive kraft 'lace' along the bottom and  some self-adhesive flat-backed pearls in the top corners.

I will be sending this to my little sis next time I send her a parcel, as she is stationed abroad at the moment and I miss her terribly, so it fits in well with the theme.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

A Creative Romance - Vintage
Digitally Sweet - Anything Goes
Penny's Papercrafty Challenge - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
By Lori - Use Paper
Lacey Sunshine - Anything Goes

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

2 comments:

  1. I agree!! Handwriting is pretty and we don't do enough of it anymore with all this techy stuff lol this is a great card .. thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cutting work thanks for playing at a creative romance hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget