Sunday, 3 November 2013

Glitter & Sparkle - Add Some Leaves

Soooo, I know that it is Sunday and I don't usually have scheduled posts on Sundays, but I will from now on, as I have been asked to be a member of the Design Team over at Glitter & Sparkle and this is my first week.

The theme this week is 'Add Some Leaves' and here is my offering:



My image comes from one of our sponsors this week, QKR Stampede.  I went through a million different options in my head for this image, before finally settling on the card I have made yesterday.  I usually try not to be so disorganised and have my cards ready in advance, but it has been a busy old week trying to catch up from holiday, both at proper work and crafting work and I haven't much felt like being at home on an evening this week, so have been out a few nights.

Anyway, as usual, I have waffled on haven't I?

I coloured my image with promarkers in shades of oranges and browns.  I then cut the image into a square and inked the edges with brushed corduroy distress ink.

I had pretty much decided on my paper when I found out what the theme was - I just couldn't remember if I had some left.  Luckily I did, which meant that at least I didn't have to rethink my idea.  The paper I used is a mulberry paper and the leaf is actually integrated into the paper.  I attached the paper to an orange card blank and then attached the image onto the paper.  I attached it to the bottom left-hand corner to ensure that as much of the leaf in the paper was showing as possible.

I then added some brown cord, which I had lying around and thought would look OK on the card, after tying a bow in it.

To finish the card, I added some gold leaves (they are all the same colour - the camera has just made them look different colours), an orange flower gem and some tiny yellow gems to any corner which wasn't already embellished - I would have liked to have added orange gems, but I didn't have any.  I can feel a hobbycraft raid coming on.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

cupcake inspirations photo inspiration

11 comments:

  1. what a sweet card ,love the cute image
    Thanks for joining us at the I ♥ ProMarkers challenge. and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. How'd you get that done so fast, and so cute at the same time? Very cute and sweet card. Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Happy to have you on the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card with a very sweet image :-)
    Thanks for joining in the fun at HIMCR.
    Lena
    xxx
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very cute, thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card, such a lovely gold leaf embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet image and fabulous leaves! Really great creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug Challenges Hope you will join us on the next challenge! Hugs - *Vicki*~ November GDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, very cute!! Those leaves are perfect! Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week!

    http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute image and love the large leaf in the background. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! I have those same leaves but in green, I want the gold now!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget