Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Back to Crafting (Finally)

Soooo, I've been in my new house (and new craft room) for nearly a month now, and on Saturday I finally got out my card making bits and pieces to make some cards.  Birthday season is about to start for me, and will keep going until June next year, so I thought it was about time to make some cards again.  It has taken me a few days to blog about them as I've had a horrible cold for the last couple of days, and haven't had the energy to pick up my laptop or type.  I did go back to work today and disturbed the whole office with my not so quiet dying by hacking cough :-(, so still feel rubbish, but I can once again move.

This is the first card I have made:


After three months of no cardmaking, I was surprised how easy I got back into it.

I already had the large sentiment stamped - I think I will have used worn lipstick distress ink.  I then cut it to size and added some faux stitching and added some gauze behind it.

The patterned paper is from the LOTV Perfect Pair paper pad, and I added some faux stitching to that also.  I love the colours in this paper pad as they are so bright and summery.  The pink card is from my stash.  I think it is from a load my grandmama-in-law sent for me, so I have no idea where it came from originally.  Again, I added some faux stitching.

I wrapped the whole panel with some pink baker's twine and then punch three flowers from a scrap of green paper and layered these up to make a flower.  To finish off, I found a pink flower brad in my stash and used this as a flower centre.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafts Galore - make a card
Pile It On - punch it out
A Gem of a Challenge - summertime (I used summer colours)
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Sister Act - anything goes
MAWTT - a stitch in time
LOTV - use some LOTV papers

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

3 comments:

  1. Pretty CAS card! Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us for the Make A Card challenge at Crafts Galore Challenge. Good luck and I hope you’ll join us in our next challenge!

    La-Vie B. – Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog DT
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bright card, Holly! Very nice and simple but really effective!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Pretty Papers' challenge! Good luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget