Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Coffee and Cake

Soooo, I've had a bit of a card-making session this evening, which has been nice because I've not really done that for a while.  It means I have a few cards to share with you now.  Not sure if I will get them all blogged about tonight, but I will certainly give it a try.  

None of the cards are for a particular occasion, they are just to restock my stash, which has been looking a bit sorry for itself of late, what with not crafting for the best part of three months and all.  I particularly seem to have run out of female cards, so that is what I chose to focus on tonight.   Hopefully I can find time later in the week to do some more, but I have earmarked tomorrow to do some studying (finally finishing off that degree I've been on about for ages) and I have another Elsa dress to make a start on at the weekend.

First up, is actually the last card I made:


I have decided to use up some of my stash and so I've refrained from visiting the Lili of the Valley shop or Hobbycraft recently.  It helps that Hobbycraft is no longer five minutes away.  So, in the spirit of using up the stash, I've decided it is time to use up my LOTV mini masterpieces.  If I love an image that much, I shall just have to buy the stamp and take the time to colour it myself.  This is one of those such images.  It is perfect for the older females, and what is better than coffee and cake and a good gossip with your friends?

Everything on this card I have found in my stash - the papers, the kraft card, the stamp for the sentiment, the pearls, ribbon and lace.  The layout is a sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

I rounded the corners of everything with a corner punch and added faux stitching to add to the vintage effect that the colouring of the image (and then papers) and the lace give.  I decided to add some turquoise ribbon to add a smidgen of colour.  The pearls I found in my stash just happened to pretty much match.  The image and sentiment are adhered to the card with sticky fixers to add a bit of dimension and clear the lace.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Sweet Sunday Sketch - sketch
Crafty Cardmakers - ribbon, lace and pearls
Love to Scrap - anything goes
Allsorts - sugar and spice and all things nice (what is nicer than coffee and cake?)
Brown Sugar - celebrations
Creative Romance - anything goes
Delicious Doodles - fancy and frilly
Charisma Cards - lace and pearls

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

13 comments:

  1. What a great card - I really like the sepia tones and you have coloured it beautifully. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card, really pretty..Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and beautiful - love your card, Holly!
    Have a great day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super image and I love the monochrome colouring. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable Holly and absolutely perfect for our theme at Allsorts this week, thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Adorable! Beautiful vintage look and the image is just too cute! Perfect for that girlfriend. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little beauty for sure. Who ever gets this will be pleased. Thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  10. super super sweet!! i looove the colors and your take on the sketch! what a great card!!
    thank you so much for entering Love to Scrap!'s "anything goes" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, thank you for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Holly, thanks for joining our latest challenge at CCM&More.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cute! The image is adorable & so well colored...nice layout too!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Love to Scrap! & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget