Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Dressing Up

Soooo, a quick post tonight to share with you the final card I made last night.  No crafting this evening I'm afraid as I have been busy studying away - Mythology in the Greek and Roman World, and in particular today, the myth of Hippolytus.  You may be more familiar with his father, Theseus, slayer on the Minotaur, but you don't need me to bore you with any in dept about Greek mythology.  You would much rather I bored you with my crafty creations.

This is actually the first card I made last night, but I'm still not too sure about it.  I like it, I'm just not sure it is as good as my other cards last night, but I am putting it down to getting into the card-making frame of mind again.


I just love this image, which is actually an LOTV die-cut, but is available as a stamp, as it just reminds me of dressing up as a kid.  In fact, my nieces do it now - in my clothes.  I suppose you could say that my sisters still do it with my shoes and clothes too!

I took the colours from the die-cut and the papers are both from my stash - I have having a proper stash-busting sesh at the moment.  Well, I have to make room for some new stuff - Christmas is coming up soon (and my birthday), so you can be sure that there will be lots of crafty goodies on my present list.

The layout is from this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches.

I took inspiration from the rope of beads n the little girl and used a string of pearls rather than ribbon or string for the wavy element.  I decided to pull out the butterflies on the backing paper for the embellishments and die-cut three butterflies from some scraps of ivory pearlescent card.

There was a bit of pearl string left over once I had finished arranging the wavy bit, so I made this into a corner for the image.  I finished off with some dabs of liquid pearls in the corners.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Fingers crossed I will get some time to craft tomorrow after I have finished some housework.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us this week for things with wings. So pretty.
    Karal DT for QKR Stampede

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. Thank for joining the QKR Stampede Challenge this week. Have a nice day. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This takes me right back to childhood! Very sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is absolutely beautiful with the design and color you've chosen, that image is just so darling. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Creations challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, sweet card! Beautiful DP, adorable image, and I love the butterflies and pearls!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at TMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming card! Love the image and those pearls are the perfect touch! Pretty paper and butterflies! Thanks for much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Hope you come back and play again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So precious! I love that image, and the pearls are butterflies are the perfect embellishments :) Thanks so much for playing with us at TMS - your card will be featured on our Facebook page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet, Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very cute card! Like how her pearl necklace fit with the other pearls and especially those around the butterflies.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Ruby´s Rainbow
    Nick

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget