Monday, 8 September 2014

Fabulous!

Sooo, tonight I would like to share with you the card I made for the step-mother (non-wicked), whose birthday is tomorrow:


I made this card using an 8x8 card blank and topper from the LOTV James and Jenny bear art pad, and as is usual with my cards, it didn't turn out anything like I envisaged when I started.

The 'fabulous' sentiment is an LOTV sentiment I stamped forever ago in worn lipstick distress ink.

I backed both the sentiment and the image onto some blue paper.

The floral backing paper is from the LOTV shabby shack paper pad.  I  thought this gave the card a vintagey feel, so I set about decorating in a vintage style.

I added some cream lace and a string of pearls along the bottom edge, flat-backed pearls to the top two corners and liquid pearls to the corners of the image and sentiment.  I also added a blue bow and a pink rose, which I ringed with some more string pearls.

I hope the step-mother (non-wicked) likes this.  Even if she doesn't, I do!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


I have been busy starting my Christmas Cards this weekend, so I will be sharing some of them soon.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. Love that gorgeous LOTV image and sentiment! That pretty paper and lace enhance them beautifully!
    Thank you for joining us at the Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, sweet image.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts ' Pretty in Pink' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Holly, love the paper and pretty details. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Pretty in Pink challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and pretty card, thanks for joining us for our Lace challenge this week at Brown Sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful design and gorgeous colours Holly, absolutely perfect for our theme at Allsorts this week, thanks so much for joining in and sharing your lovely work with us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty love your card just popped over to have a look through LOTV blog :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card, Holly. Such a great combination of Art Pads, Papers and Statement Stamps!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Pretty Papers' challenge! Good luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget