Sunday, 21 September 2014

Golf Day

Soooo, this is a card I made last night, but was too tired to blog about - I would not have been able to type and make sense:


This is a card I have made for a colleague's birthday this week, and when he told me he was going on a golfing weekend for his birthday, I knew that this vintage golfing image would be perfect.  It is from an LOTV art pad.

I wanted to use the Country Gent LOTV papers that I have had for a while and haven't used yet.  I love the warm colours of this paper pad.  I used the dark brown one for the mat and then some checks, because I like the vintage feel and thought this would keep with the golfing theme.  I also used some stripes to go behind the image and lighten up the card a bit.  

The mat behind the image and the stamped sentiment is a scrap of kraft card from  my cardmaking earlier in the week.

The golf ball I made myself.  I die cut a circle from white card and then added the pits on the ball with a pen lid and some grey ink.  In this instance, I used Memento London Fog, which I also used to stamp the sentiment.  I also used this to ink the edges of the image and sentiment panels.

I cut out what I hope is a tee shape and coloured that grey.  To finish, I added two buttons.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

6 comments:

  1. You've colored the image beautifully and this is a great masculine card! Love the BG papers you've used as well. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB CT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining this week at QKR Stampede Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is adorable! thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede! Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Holly! I love the little golf ball!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Pretty Papers' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Thank you for joining us this week at Card Makin Mamas! HUGS

    Kim
    CMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love your image and layout! Thanks for sharing in our Stripes Challenge at Left of Center! mo dt coordinator. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget