Saturday, 20 September 2014

Wearing My Brand New Shoes

Sooo, a quick share tonight.  I had planned to do loads of crafting today, but made the mistake of going to see family, which despite my best intentions, meant I spent ages out of the house.  I don't object to seeing them, not at all, I just always end up aaages away from home.  Then, when I did get home, I did some baking.  I have made a lemon meringue.  The jury is out at the moment as to whether it is a success or not, because I am waiting for it to cool before I take it out of the tin.

Anyway, this is a card I started Wednesday before I went to bed and finished when I got in on Thursdat(well, after I woke up from my nap when I got home):


I used a scalloped card blank and a topper from the LOTV Jenny and James art pad and die-cut this to a scalloped oval.  I 3-d stickered this onto a panel made from various papers from my stash.  The spotty paper set the tone for the rest of the card and I worked around that.

I added some lace and then some narrow ivory and blush ribbon.  Behind the image panel, I added a feather and then a small ivory and pink rose.

I added pearls of various sizes in each corner, including the two exposed corners of the pink card.  

I also made a bow from a scrap of the blush ribbon and then added a 'for you' peel off to finish off the card, as I couldn't really find anywhere to add a 'proper sentiment'.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Pile It On - flowers or feather
The Ribbon Girl Lovely Lili - add flowers
Crafty Cardmakers - ribbon lace and pearls
The Paper Shelter - ribbon, twine or floss
Crafty Creations - vintage
Creative Inspirations - going dotty
The Crazy Challenge - colour challenge
Creatalicious - flower power

Apologies for any poor English in this post - I seem to have lost the ability to type today :-(

Anyway, I have Doctor Who to watch tonight then I might make it to my craft room for a quick make.  I have a list a mile long of cards that need making, along with other projects but ne'er mind.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and charming! What an adorable image! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative Inspirations!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you have used here !
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challengeblog,
    Hugs
    Willeke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Holly and that image is just sweet as pie! Takes me right back to childhood, I mean who didn't play dress up in Mom's room when she was gone!! Love your delicate lace!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!
    Hugs Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww this is so cute. I love this image...and the papers are fabulous with the card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week and hope to see you at our next challenge on Wednesday! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly adorable.... thank you for joining us for our challenge at The Paper Shelter.... xo Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is awesome with so many wonderful details! Thank you for playing with us in the Crafty Cardmakers and more "Ribbons/Lace and Pearls" challenge this time!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so cute card! I like your image and coloring.Thank you very much for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Ina/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Your bear is an absolute cutie. Thank you for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers & more...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget