Sunday, 4 January 2015

New Fairy

Sooooo, a quick share this morning.  This is a card I started last night and finished when I finally got my backside out of bed this morning (and that was NOT early . . . oops!):


I stamped and coloured up this image last night.  I seem to be having a bit of a cardmaking weekend, which I am glad of, as I have been fearing for the permanent loss of my mojo recently, but maybe it was the stress of Christmas and just being too busy.  Instead, this weekend, I have been sat in my craft room instead of finishing off my essay.  Oops!  Never mind, I will get it finished this week.  The plan is there, I just need to make it into English, instead of gibberish.

Anywho, as I said, I stamped this LOTV image last night.  It is a newbie, which I allowed myself to buy just before xmas (I haven't had the making mojo, but the buying mojo has been just fine!).  I coloured this little lady up with distress inks (some of which are new too) and I'm pleased to say I seem to finally have the skin colouring down.  The hair leaves a bit to be desired, but I think what I need to solve that is more colours!  I also used a wash of a memento ink for the grass, but I don't usually colour with memento inks.

I added glitter to the wings and the star wand, as well as the flowers on the headdress and a little bit on the skirt, because you can never be too sparkly (even at the grand old age of 29 I like to sparkle wherever I go).  Because I'd decided to add stickles at this stage, I thought I'd best let it dry overnight and instead I got on with colouring some other images, which I will share with you later (eventually!).

So when I finally got up this morning (at 10.30 - I never used to be a sleeper in, but I seem to be good at it lately), hubby made me a cup of coffee (read my mind) and I ventured into my craft room to proceed with some crafting.  The first thing I did was finish off this card.  

I am loving my 5x5 cards at the moment - I think they just look so sweet and cute, so I used one of those.  I then added the sentiment, which is an LOTV one, and I stamped it with peacock feathers distress ink, which I had used on the image.

I layered the image onto some navy card (my fave colour) and then used a scrap of LOTV spotty paper (at a jaunty angle, naturally) and some LOTV checked paper, which I also layered onto navy card.  I think the pink in the final paper just breaks up the blue, but I love blue.  It also tied in nicely with entering the new Cupcake Inspirations challenge.

To finish, I added two small blue gems in the bottom right-hand corner.


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


I have made loads more this weekend, which I need to share with you, and I promise I will get round to it eventually, but first I have thank you cards to write and tomorrow's stew to make.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

cupcake inspirations, photo inspiration

9 comments:

  1. such an adorable card, thank you for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous image - and I love the colours you used on this card - perfect. Thanks for sharing with us over at the Glitter n Sparkle blog - Vic, DT X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, I'm quite fond of 5 x 5s as well. Hope you get your essay finished! Thanks for joining our birthday challenge at Fantasy Stampers, Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!
    - Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute Holly and love her sparkly wings..
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at Lacy Sunshine..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you have got your mojo back,such a pretty card.

    Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Glitter and Sparkle! Hope to see you next time! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute design and great choice of stamp. Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
    http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Sparkly and New" challenge at Lacy Sunshine. We're so happy you joined us! Please visit us, again! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member for Lacy Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget